Registration is open for National Restaurant Association Restaurant Hotel-Motel Show 2017 (NRA Show®). Join us at Chicago’s McCormick Place for the largest annual foodservice trade show in the country from Saturday, May 20 through Tuesday, May 23. Don’t miss this opportunity to join 67,000+ foodservice professionals from around the world coming together to share innovation, insights, and solutions for the future.
Programming for World Culinary Showcase, which features world-class celebrity chefs demonstrating their skills, and dozens of provocative education sessions, is in development. Register here to be the first to receive the newest information about the 2017 event. In the meantime, here are the Top 10 Reasons to attend this year’s NRA Show:
- Hottest products in the industry— 2,300 exhibitors representing 900+ product categories bring more than 20,000 of their latest and greatest products and solutions for attendees to see, touch, taste, and test throughout the four-day event.
- Signature ‘17— Join NRA President & CEO Dawn Sweeney as she hosts some of the brightest minds in the business for a lively, pointed conversation about where things are headed in foodservice and best practices to weather the change.
- World-class celebrity chefs— Top Chef Masters winner Rick Bayless, Chopped judge Maneet Chauhan, and Top Chef All Stars competitor Fabio Viviani are among the chefs/restaurateurs who will demonstrate their techniques and share tips and tricks at the World Culinary Showcase, which runs all four days. More information is available here.
- 40+ On-Floor Education Sessions— Now conveniently located on three stages right on the Show floor, these sessions have been fine-tuned to deliver helpful takeaways, stimulating ideas, and powerful messages to improve operations and spark new philosophies. Better yet, they’re capped at 30 minutes, ensuring attendees receive cutting-edge industry knowledge for a manageable time investment. Topics to be announced in early 2017.
- Foodamental Studio— Top chefs lead this popular series of hands-on workshops, teaching participants to build a balanced breakfast bowl, master international spices in cooking, preserve seafood, and more. Check out recent videos here.
- Specialty Areas & Pavilions— Sprinkled across the Show floor, these curated specialty areas and pavilions are grouped by top trends, products, and emerging technology to help you navigate easily. Among the exciting offerings: Alternative BiteStyle, which focuses on special dietary needs, including vegetarian/vegan diets, low sodium, gluten-free, and allergic sensitivities; and the Organic & Natural Pavilion, an oasis of organic and natural-label products that ingredient-savvy consumers want to see on the menu.
- Bellavita Italian Pavilion— Featuring Italian food and beverage producers, wine-focused educational sessions, and demonstrations by celebrated chefs, the largest Italian food and wine expo in the world returns to NRA Show, commanding approximately 20,000 square feet of exhibit space.
- Exciting Awards Programs— Celebrate the year’s most exciting food and beverage breakthroughs in taste, marketability, creativity, and profit potential with the Food and Beverage Awards (FABI). Award recipients are showcased at their booths throughout McCormick Place. Check out a recent video here. If brilliant equipment and technology innovations that both improve back of the house operations and benefit operators are important to you, then the Kitchen Innovations® (KI) Awards are just your speed. Check out a recent video here. Award recipients to be announced in early 2017.
- Startup Alley— Back for its third year at the NRA Show, this is the place where emerging, tech-savvy startups in the restaurant technology space have the opportunity to get in front of more than 67,000 foodservice professionals to showcase technologies that help operations run smoother and more profitably.
- Foodservice@Retail Summit— Led by one of America’s leading consumer trend-watchers and analysts, Phil Lempert (the Supermaket Guru), this popular event returns for its second year at NRA Show on Sunday, May 21 and Monday, May 22. Educational programs include: The Evolution of Restaurant Design in Supermarkets & C-stores; Restaurant and Foodservice Marketing in the Era of Social Media, Facebook LIVE, & Pokémon Go; and Overview of Ethnic Retailing & Trends. And don’t miss the tour of Latinicity, Chef Richard Sandoval’s brilliant multi-sensory food and retail experience. *Separate registration required.