DoorDash’s latest Main Street Strong effort will support restaurants as they continue to recover from the COVID-19 crisis
TEXAS – DoorDash today announced details of its expanded grant program to help Texas restaurants through a direct contribution to the Texas Restaurant Relief Fund. The contribution is part of the company’s $200 million, 5-year Main Street Strong Pledge, which includes a $10 million effort to help restaurants in select cities across the United States and Canada.
“The Texas restaurant industry has struggled during the pandemic,” said Emily Williams Knight, Ed.D., President and CEO of TRA. “DoorDash’s contribution to the Texas Restaurant Relief Fund will support our businesses by giving them a financial resource right when they need it to help get them through the rest of this public health crisis.”
“DoorDash was founded to empower local economies and the success of restaurants is core to that mission. We’re proud to help restaurants address the challenges posed by COVID,” said Alexi Madon, Senior Manager, Government Relations, DoorDash. “This has been a truly unprecedented year and it is more important than ever to support Texas restaurants as they continue to navigate this crisis.”
“DoorDash’s donation to the Texas Restaurant Relief Fund will help provide crucial support to our restaurants, who’ve faced unparalleled challenges working to serve communities through the pandemic,” said Texas Governor Greg Abbott. “I’m encouraged by DoorDash’s generosity and hope others follow suit.”
“Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, DoorDash has been a valuable partner to our restaurants, helping us reach our customers and adapt to the new circumstances. This grant will go far to help my restaurant, in Texas” said Michael Norsworthy, CEO of 54th Street Restaurant & Drafthouse.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, DoorDash has taken significant active steps to ensure the safety of our entire community, including:
- Main Street Strong Pledge committing $200M over five years to support restaurants, Dashers, and the broader community
- Providing $120 million in commission relief and marketing investments
- 50% reduction in commissions for mom-and-pop restaurants, plus 0% commissions for pickup and 0% commissions for restaurants new to DoorDash
- Free personal safety equipment for Dashers, including hand sanitizer, gloves, wipes, and masks
- Two weeks of earnings for eligible Dashers affected by COVID-19
- COVID-19 screenings and telemedicine appointments for just $4 per visit
Read more about DoorDash’s efforts to help restaurants through our Main Street Strong Pledge, click here.